Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Flashback!!



Sat besides me on the beach,
Perfection just within arm's reach.
Hands lightly resting on your thighs,
I lean towards you and close my eyes.
The last thing I see are luscious lips
Moving closer to seal kiss.
The few seconds before we meet
Seems like an eternity.
As we start the passion flows,
And once it starts it goes and goes.
When we part I cannot resist
Pulling you back for one more moment of bliss.

Ah memories! I wrote this short poem years ago, to a previous GF. I've never really been the sentimental type, but there was something about that evening that keeps it fresh in my mind, as if it happened yesterday. For most blokes, our most poignant memeories regarding the opposite sex tend to revolve around sexual experiences. In this case, however, I guess it's the exception that proves the rule.

So this was our first meeting since the first 'official' kiss. We were at a reggae bar, on a beach, in the Caribbean, just after sunset. We smiled, we drank, we joked, we laughed, we tapped our feet to the beat and then we kissed again. We kissed for what seemed like forever, but somehow wasn't long enough. We paused for breath. We smiled. Then I pulled her towards me again. This time when our lips met, I was actually able to digest some of the sensory overload flooding my system. Like the fruit flavoured lip gloss she was wearing, the way her skin felt silky smooth as I ran my fingertips along the curve of her back, the way her hair tickled my face in the gentle evening sea breeze, and the way my feet seemed to bury themselves in the sand like the roots of a palm tree(I couldn't move even if my life depended on it).

There's nothing like the fresh passion that flows from a budding romance. I miss those days!